Testosterone is the main male hormone. Below we will talk about:
- What is testosterone?
- What negatively affects it?
- What are the ways to increase it?
The essence of the concept of testosterone: Not just a scientific approach
Testosterone is the main male hormone that provides primary and secondary sexual characteristics in men. It is also present in the female body, but in much smaller quantities. Many bodybuilders also recommend to buy astralean to get fast results.
Scientifically speaking, the total amount of testosterone in the body consists of bound and free, which results in total testosterone (RT). OT includes:
- Hormones that are in a free state (about 2%);
- Hormones that are associated with globulin (about 44%);
- Hormones that are associated with proteins, such as albumin (54%).
Most of the testosterone in a man’s body is bound (proteins slow down its action). The active hormone is free and is responsible for the secondary signs of maturation and sex drive. If testosterone in the body is less than necessary, this leads to the following consequences:
- Weak erections;
- Risk of impotence;
- Muscle and bone degradation;
- Violation of the metabolism of carbohydrates and lipids;
- The risk of heart and vascular disease.
This male hormone has a number of important functions to be aware of:
- Promotes genital development and semen production;
- Forms masculine behaviors and attraction to the opposite sex;
- Promotes an increase in skin thickness and synthesis proteins;
- Increases the work of the sweat glands;
- Speeds up the process of the metabolism;
- Helps to strengthen the pelvic bones;
- Helps store calcium.
The presence of a sufficient amount of this hormone in the male body can be determined even externally, as broad shoulders, more active metabolism (when compared with women) and narrow hips. Another indirect method for determining the sufficient amount of testosterone in the male body is the hands and fingers, as well as the distance from the upper lip to the tip of the nose.
There are known symptoms by which one can judge about testosterone deficiency:
- Deterioration in mood, depression;
- Insomnia, irritability;
- Decreased hair growth on the face and body;
- Increased sweating;
- Decreased muscle mass and strength;
- Decreased sex drive, erectile dysfunction, infertility;
- Obesity (especially in the abdomen);
- Persistent fatigue.
There are a number of factors that negatively affect the total amount of testosterone in a man’s body. These include:
- Consuming unhealthy drinks and foods (carbonated drinks, beer, butter, high fat milk, salt and sugar, fatty foods high in cholesterol, fast food, etc.);
- Stress and any psychological disorders;
- Drug use and smoking;
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle;
- Taking certain medications;
- Diseases (diabetes mellitus, diseases of the endocrine system).
It is important to remember:
A clear sign of a low concentration of testosterone in the male body is a waist volume of more than 94 cm, as well as a total body weight that exceeds the norm by 30%. The body in this case blocks the natural production of testosterone and switches to the generation of female hormones – estrogen and progesterone.
Tip: To increase these low levels of testosterone within the body, a male user can adopt the use of either Sustanon, Enanthate or via Testosterone tablets or gels. These synthetic testosterone substances can help to increase the level of testosterone within the body and rejuvenate any of the lower functioning processes within the body. If any of these above symptoms occur, with the use of testosterone supplements, these can be reversed. For more information regarding this, you can find these substances within out online store!
The biochemical component of testosterone and the mechanisms of its action
How to boost testosterone in men: The natural way
Testosterone is a steroid hormone that is responsible for growth. In the male body, it is produced mainly in the testes (Leydig cells), and in the female, mainly in the ovaries. During the day, the male body produces about 7mg of the hormone. The rate of formation largely depends on how quickly cholesterol is converted to pregnenolone. In the body of a healthy person, the chain of transformations looks like this:
Cholesterol -> pregnenolone -> dihydrosterone / progesterone -> testosterone
After that, the hormone enters the bloodstream, where it binds to proteins, forming globulin and albumen. This takes up almost all of the synthesized hormone (up to 98%). The rest remains in a free state, being able to interact with other cells and influence them.
There are several natural ways to increase the concentration of the hormone testosterone within the body. First of all, it is necessary to deal with the elimination of all harmful factors that inhibit the production of the hormone. For the best effect you need:
- Get rid of bad habits (drinking alcohol, smoking);
- Go to healthy and balanced diet ;
- Sports activities (not necessarily bodybuilding).
The effect of eliminating bad habits is clear to everyone and it is not worth dwelling on this point. But let’s focus on the last two.
Secrets of a Balanced Diet
The first thing you need to pay attention to is vitamin and mineral complexes, which should be present in the daily diet. You are most likely lacking zinc, magnesium and vitamin D.
For a normal state and functioning, the body needs to consume such an amount of these elements per day:
- Zinc – 20mg;
- Vitamin D – 500-1000IU;
- Magnesium – 350mg;
- Calcium – 2g.
To fill the micronutrient gaps, include foods such as:
- Lettuce leaves.
Also, a huge amount of essential substances for the production of testosterone is contained in products such as:
- Red meat is enriched with zinc and cholesterol (necessary for testosterone synthesis);
- Egg yolks are a source of large amounts of cholesterol;
- Seafood is an inexhaustible source of zinc, which is important for hormone synthesis. It is most useful to use shrimps, oysters, crabs, anchovies and trout;
- Nuts are a real storehouse of minerals and vitamins (especially hazelnuts, walnuts and almonds);
- Vegetables and fruits are a source of minerals that are very quickly absorbed in the body (eggplant, celery, tomatoes, zucchini). Fruits contain lutein and vitamin C;
- Greens, roots and herbs – such greens as spinach, cilantro, parsley help to produce testosterone, it is also important to include golden root, ginger, ginseng in your diet;
- Porridge contain fiber, which increases blood circulation in the pelvic area;
- Spices slow down the production of estrogen.
Also, do not forget to include in your daily diet such useful delicacies as various kinds of dried fruits.
Active sports and other tips
Proper nutrition is good and all the nutrients that they contain must make up for their lack in the body and the best way to create an energy deficit is through exercise.
– Power training
The best way to raise testosterone levels in your body is through strength training. Here are a few basic exercises:
- Bench press;
- Barbell Full Squats.
Highly effective loads, which include a CrossFit complex, as these will also give results.
– Regular rest
Workout – this, of course, is good, but you can’t forget about good rest either. Keep track of the level of cortisol in your blood and in no case do not allow the state overtraining. Increase the number of rest days, decrease number of approaches or reps. Remember that complete rest lasts at least 7-8 hours.
– Get rid of stress
Nervous tension promotes the release of cortisol into the blood. And this, in turn, in every possible way suppresses the effect of testosterone. Forget worrying about the little things, stop getting upset about the little things and smile more often!
– Use cardio training
Include in your workouts regularly jogging. This type of exercise contributes to the rapid burning of fat in the abdomen. Otherwise, all these deposits will convert testosterone into female sex hormones.
– Positive emotional background
Not only muscle tone contributes to the healthy functioning of all body systems. Remember to keep your mind in good shape. Rejoice more, create vivid memories and extreme situations that will accelerate the psyche to the desired state in order to create that very positive attitude. Sign up for classes in a fitness club and take a good friend with you for company.