Active against gram-positive cocci (S.aureus), coagulase-negative staphylococci, streptococci (S.pneumoniae, S.pyogenes – group A, S.agalactiae – Group B, S.viridans, A.israelii strains, B.anthracis, L. monocytogenes ), Gram negative cocci (N.meningitidis, N.gonorrhoeae, B.catarrhalis), rods (Bordetella, Brucella spp., Calymmatobacterium granulomatis, Campylobacter spp., F.tularensis, H.influenzae, H.ducreyi, Legionella, P.multocida , Yersinia spp.), Vibrionaceae strains (V.cholerae, V.parahaemolyticus), et al. microorganisms (Helicobacter pylori, Chlamydia spp., Rickettsia spp., Coxiella spp.), spirochetes (Borrelia burgdorferi, Leptospira interrogans, Treponema pallidum), Mycobacterium spp., Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Ureaplasma urealyticum, and protozoa (Plasmodium falciparum, Entamoeba histolytica).
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, glossitis, difficulty swallowing, inflammation or ulceration of the esophagus, hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, eosinophilia; secondary infections caused by fungi, bacteria resistant and Blastomyces; allergic (skin rash, itching), includinganaphylactic reaction.
Indications for use
Infectious-inflammatory diseases caused by sensitive microorganisms including intracellular pathogens:
- infections of the lower respiratory tract (acute bronchitis, acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, pleurisy, pleural empyema);
- infection of upper respiratory tract (angina – tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media);
- Gastrointestinal tract infections (cholecystitis, cholangitis, peritonitis, proctitis, periodontitis);
- Urinary tract infection – pyelonephritis, urethritis;
- inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs in women (endometritis);
- acute and chronic prostatitis, epididymitis;
- purulent soft tissue infections, acne, including acne vulgaris and acne conglobata;
- infectious ulcerative keratitis;
- prevention of infection after a surgical medical abortion, operations on the colon;
- prophylaxis of malaria caused by Plasmodium falciparum, during short travel (less than 4 months) in the area where observed to chloroquine resistance Plasmodium and / or pyrimethamine-sulfadoxine;
- whooping cough;
- rickettsial disease;
- Q fever;
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever;
- bacillary and amoebic dysentery;
- Lyme disease;
- Lyme Disease (I stage);
- granulocytic ehrlichiosis;
- infections caused by Haemophilus influenzae.
drug is taken orally.
After meal. The patient should be washed down with sufficient amount of liquid medicine to thereby reduce the possibility of irritation of the esophagus. The daily dose should be taken at once or divided in 2 doses every 12 clock:
For the majority of infections is recommended in the 1 st day of treatment dose of 200 mg of the drug. In the following days – 100-200 mg / day depending on the severity of the disease. Infections caused by chlamydia, mycoplasma and ureaplasma, effectively treat the standard dose of doxycycline for 10-14 days.
Possibly a combined assignment doxycycline 100 mg of 2 times / day with clindamycin or gentamycin (indication).
In more severe infections (especially chronic urinary tract infections) recommended dosage of 200 mg per day for the entire treatment time.
In inflammatory pelvic diseases in women administered in the acute phase of 100 mg of 2 times / day for men – 100 mg 2 times / day or 300 mg once.
To prevent infections after medical abortion – 100 mg orally 1 hour before the abortion and 200 mg orally after 30 minutes.